Sunday, June 28, 2009

The Lonely Smoothie

Not to beat a dead horse and continue with the D topics, but really, that's what's dominating my mind right now. I need to meet someone that will push her out of my mind, but for now she's definitely dug her claws into my psyche and isn't moving.

Anyway, we used to have this great little tradition; we'd go out on Saturday then she'd stay over, we'd sleep in on Sunday then I would make homemade smoothies for the both of us and we would sit 0n the couch, cuddle and drink our smoothies. Yeah, it was pretty lame and dorky and what not, but it was also great.

The past two Sundays don't count because she was reportedly out of town two weeks ago and I was out of town last week. So, today was the first Sunday in quite some time in which I drank my smoothie alone. It was an empty, unpleasant feeling. I sat on the couch, alone, drinking my smoothie and longed for it to be a month ago again.

A sad moment.

I get the feeling things are about to turn though. One of my best friends is coming into town tomorrow for the week, a week that will culminate in spending a wild, wild 4th of July in San Diego. Something good is gonna happen, I just know it. Soon my words will be more positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment